This month you could win a voucher worth £250 to put towards a holiday with Railbookers, the train travel experts. There are trains almost everywhere in the world and taking a journey on the tracks is just so relaxing, whether you are on a high speed trip city to city, a luxury private train, with a nostalgic atmosphere and fine dining or gently passing through rural scenery, absorbing the views from your window.
What’s certain is that you’ll avoid the queues and potential hassle at airports, starting your time away in a civilised fashion. Book in advance to ensure a seat or sleeper accommodation, then let the journey unfold. Railbookers can help with hotels too if you fancy an overnight before you reach your destination. Or join an escorted tour group so you’re certain to find more about where you’re going: we all love the inside stories that guides always seem to know.
Here’s a couple of rail holiday suggestions to consider, although Railbookers can create an individually designed trip of your choosing – they love to get planning!
Grand Vienna, Salzburg and Munich
Combine the vibrant cities of Vienna, Salzburg, and Munich on this ten-night holiday by rail. Travel overnight in a private compartment on an overnight train to the Austrian capital. Explore Vienna and marvel at the Imperial palaces, grand squares and lovely tree-lined boulevards. Then take the train through stunning scenery to the Baroque Austrian city of Salzburg. Enjoy the fairy tale beauty of Hallstatt, and the hills that inspired the movie classic: The Sound of Music. Conclude your journey in the Bavarian capital of Munich, with a guided tour of Neuschwanstein Castle.
The Glacier Express
Surround yourself with the incredible beauty of Switzerland on this five-day rail holiday. Whatever the season, you can guarantee that you’ll be experiencing moments that stay with you for years to come. Switzerland is the crown jewel of Europe. Picturesque villages, stunning alpine lakes, roaring mountain streams, peaceful meadows, historic fortresses, and the majesty of the Swiss Alps. What more could you ask for? Your adventures begin in the north with one night in Zurich. Then, you’ll head to St Moritz, famous for its sublime mountain and lake scenery. From there, you’ll take the legendary Glacier Express into car-free Zermatt, where you’ll be awed by the Matterhorn. Your holiday wraps up with a final night in the cosmopolitan city of Geneva.
How to win our fabulous prize
Step 1: make sure you're signed up to our newsletter
Step 2: any of the following actions will earn you 1 entry
- Is this your first visit to Silver Travel Advisor? Then simply Register as a member for automatic entry.
- No employee, agent, subcontractor or director of Railbookers or Silver Travel Advisor nor anyone else connected with the draw, nor any member of such person’s family, is eligible to enter.
- You do not need to purchase anything to enter the draw.
- Entries for the prize draw will be accepted until the closing date 30th September 2023.
- The winner will be notified in early October 2023, and full details of how to book will be given at that time. The voucher worth £250 must be used to book a Railbookers trip by 31st December 2023 for travel by 31st December 2024. The £250 voucher can be used towards any Railbookers holiday of 3 nights or more to any destination offered by Railbookers.
- The name of the winner will be displayed on this website. The winner must agree to participate in any reasonable press or PR activity relating to the competition. The winner must agree to his/her name and/or photo and/or likeness being used for publicity purposes, without compensation.
- The winner cannot transfer the prize to another person. The prize is non-refundable. There are no cash or credit alternatives to the specified prize.
- The winner must hold a valid passport and comprehensive travel insurance if travelling overseas. It is the winner’s responsibility to check any visa and health requirements for their journey.
- Railbookers’ standard booking terms and conditions still apply. Please see https://www.railbookers.co.uk/terms-and-conditions for full details.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries, notices, acceptances, tickets, goods or other documentation lost or delayed in the post.
- Winners and their companions will be solely responsible for any tax liability incurred as a result of this offer. The organisers’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered.
- This promotion will be governed by English Law.