Please note: this prize draw is now closed.
This month we have a wonderful UK break as our prize: a two night stay, for two people, with breakfast on both mornings and dinner one night, at the 4-star Beech Hill Hotel & Spa in the Lake District.
With an outstanding lakeside location, you’ll be wow’d by the panorama. And also by the fine dining, carefully created by Head Chef Lukasz Zebryk in Burlington’s Restaurant. The elegant ambiance and AA rosettes have made it a serious favourite with locals as well as visitors. Should a visit to the spa be on your list for a relaxing break, the Lakeview Spa with a Himalayan Sauna, an aromatic Steam Room, two outside Vitality Spa Pools and a large indoor pool, should be spot on.
The Beech Hill Hotel & Spa is perfectly located for exploring, walking, boating, even stand up paddleboarding or just browsing the shops, cafés and museums of local towns such as Bowness or Kendal. Our winner will find endless spectacular views close by and many opportunities to enjoy the natural beauty of the Lake District National Park, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The hotel is an ideal spot from which visit the famous farming countryside which sweeps across the hillsides in this part of Cumbria. Rugged and untamed, they’ve been home to sheep farmers for generations, including Beatrix Potter who was a prize-winning breeder of Herdwick sheep. Her magical children’s books are based on the wildlife she saw all around her in the Lake District. Hill Top Farm near Sawrey was her home for many years; you can visit for an insight into the life she led.
And if you like discovering all that the National Trust has to offer, the Lake District is awash with gardens, houses, buildings and countryside walks, not to mention the tea shops and restaurants – just the place for hungry visitors.
Our lucky winner will also get a free trip on the Windermere steamer, perfect for seeing the very best of the lake.
Writer Glynis Sullivan had a marvellous time at Beech Hill Hotel & Spa; she thoroughly recommends it!
How to win our fabulous prize
Step 1: make sure you're signed up to our newsletter
Step 2: any of the following actions will earn you 1 entry
- Is this your first visit to Silver Travel Advisor? Then simply Register as a member for automatic entry.
- No employee, agent, subcontractor or director of Beech Hill Hotel & Spa or Silver Travel Advisor nor anyone else connected with the draw, nor any member of such person’s family, is eligible to enter.
- You do not need to purchase anything to enter the draw.
- Entries for the prize draw will be accepted until the closing date 31st July 2023.
- The winner will be notified in early August 2023, and full details of how to book will be given at that time. The two night stay for two people at the Beech Hill Hotel & Spa must be taken in September, October or November 2023. Two breakfasts and one dinner at the hotel are included. Drinks, spa treatments and any extras are to be paid for by the winner.
- The name of the winner will be displayed on this website. The winner must agree to participate in any reasonable press or PR activity relating to the competition. The winner must agree to his/her name and/or photo and/or likeness being used for publicity purposes, without compensation.
- The winner cannot transfer the prize to another person. The prize is non-refundable. There are no cash or credit alternatives to the specified prize.
- The winner must hold a valid passport and comprehensive travel insurance if travelling overseas. It is the winner’s responsibility to check any visa and health requirements for their journey.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries, notices, acceptances, tickets, goods or other documentation lost or delayed in the post.
- Winners and their companions will be solely responsible for any tax liability incurred as a result of this offer. The organisers’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered.
- This promotion will be governed by English Law.