This month’s Silver Travel Cook Club features a recipe for Pasta con le Fave inspired by sponsor Silversea’s S.A.L.T experience.
And you could win a S.A.L.T Recipe notebook and S.A.L.T From Greece with Love, a recipe book with a sampling of favourite Greek recipes from the first season of the S.A.L.T experience. Recipes include Gamopilafo (a traditional Cretan wedding rice dish) and we love the sound of baked figs with mizithra and honey-thyme dressing.
You can also win a S.A.L.T Recipe notebook, a cookbook inspired by your life. A culinary autobiography to be written day by day for you to include original menus, secret ingredients and gourmet ideas in your own unique style.
Silversea’s S.A.L.T. Experience
S.A.L.T. is an acronym for Sea And Land Taste, Silversea’s new immersive culinary program. S.A.L.T. debuted in the Mediterranean in the summer of 2021 on Silver Moon (and will roll out in spring 2022 on Silver Dawn).
And where better to launch a program all about the roots of deliciousness than in Greece, where the endless bounty of the sea meets the ancient culture and traditions of the sun-baked coast? S.A.L.T. is all about connecting guests to the places Silversea goes through the lens of food and the people, rituals and flavours behind its culinary traditions.
The program is overseen by Adam Sachs, a three-time winner of the prestigious James Beard Journalism Award and former Editor-in-Chief of Saveur magazine. Adam utilizes his journalistic experience and knowledge of food to share the world’s most engaging culinary stories with Silversea’s guests.
For more information visit https://discover.silversea.com/to-the-curious/salt-kitchen/what-is-s-a-l-t-you-ask-we-answer/
To find out more watch https://discover.silversea.com/category/to-the-curious/salt-kitchen/
Recipe: Pasta con le Fave
In Guardians of the Sicilian Miracle, the latest podcast from S.A.L.T. Lab Radio, Adam Sachs shares one particularly special discovery: The pleasure of the down-to-earth culinary tradition of Pasta con le Fave (pasta with beans). In the heart of Sicily, the vast Tasca d’Almerita Regaleali vineyard estate stretches over 1,400 acres of rolling hills. Pasta con le fave reflects the balanced ecosystem of Regaleali in a single dish
- 300 grams (10.5 oz.) of dry pasta (at Regaleali they use “ditaloni”, which is a short tubular pasta commonly used in Sicilian soups)
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion
- 600 grams (21 oz.) of diced fava beans, shelled and peeled
- Salt & pepper (At Regaleali, they use medium to coarse salt from Trapani, Sicily)
- Handful of fresh basil
- Olive oil (At Regaleali, they produce delicate Biancolilla and spicy Nocellara del Belice olive oils, among other varieties)
- Pecorino (for serving)
- In a large pot, boil water for pasta, seasoning generously with salt. In a deep pan over medium heat, brown the diced onion and cook until tender.
- Add the fava beans, salt and pepper.
- Stir and let cook for 10 minutes on low heat. If it seems too dry, add a glass of water.
- Add basil and leave on low heat for another 10 minutes. Cook pasta until “al dente” and drain, saving the pasta water.
- Add the pasta to the cooked fava beans, adding back a bit of pasta water little by little to thicken.
- Serve into bowls and top with a drizzle of olive oil, basil, and a generous amount of grated pecorino cheese!
Read more about all of our Silver Travel Cook Club recipes.