- Trans-Mongolian often sited as the world’s greatest train journey from Moscow to Beijing. It’s not a train, but a route that many companies organise trips on.
- Indian-Pacific crossing the Australian continent from Sydney to Perth.
- Glacier Express from Zermatt to St Moritz, the world’s slowest express with possibly the most spectacular views.
- Sleep all the way from Paris to Barcelona & Madrid by overnight sleeper train.
- The Eastern & Oriental Express from Bangkok to Singapore is 5 star luxury on wheels & the perfect way to explore the country in comfort.
- Yorkshire Moors Railway Whitby to Pickering March to November.
- Sleep all the way to Aberdeen, leaves from London Euston, with stations on the way.
- London to Venice via Paris, 31 glorious hours. Sadly, no Poirot!
- Beautiful Dorset on a heritage railway.
- Travel from Alton to Arlesford in mid Hampshire.
Read a reviewabout ‘Watercress Line’.
- Wonderful Snowdonia on a narrow gauge railway.
- Journey through the magnificent Yorkshire Dales, over the Ribblehead Viaduct.
- Shackerstone to Shenton, for the site of the Battle of Bosworth.
- The Bernina Express Switzerland to Italy, The Alps & St Moritz.