If you are a visitor to Windsor, with the Royal Wedding taking place there this month, and want to learn more about its history you can now take the ‘Military History Walk’, which brings to life the notoriety of the Royals and the Military in the town. You will have the unique opportunity of being accompanied and led by an Ex Royal Guard, who has served as a soldier in Windsor Castle, St James Palace, Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London.
The Military History Walk is a one to one and a half hours walk that is full of renown and notorious history. Discover more about the lives of Windsor’s Victoria Cross recipients, the Armies of Windsor, Oliver Cromwell and the New Model Army, King Edward III and the Black Prince, the Saxon Royal Palace, Bad King John, and of course – The Royal Guard. Find out why Windsor has been so important to Monarchs over the years.
How to enter
To win 2 tickets on this fabulous new walk, with Paddy McNeil, tell us about your memories of Windsor or why you’d like to discover more of its military history, in the comments box below.
More about Paddy McNeil
Paddy McNeill served in the 2nd Battalion Coldstream Guards from 1978-1987. He carried out many ceremonial duties like Changing the Guard, Trooping the Colour and Guards of Honour for Heads of State, like Ronald Reagan and the Emir of Qatar. His job whilst on ceremonial duties was posting the sentries at their sentry boxes in Buckingham place, St James Palace, The Tower of London and Windsor Castle. Other postings away from London saw him in Fallingbostel, Germany for three years as part of NATO’s commitment to Western Europe, where he was involved in communications in a mechanized infantry battalion. He also completed training in Canada, Cyprus and Kenya. He spent nine years in the army and finished in July 1987. He also attended LRRP School – Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol School.
Terms and conditions
- The Competition is solely organised by Silver Travel Advisor. Royal Windsor Tours plays no part in the actual competition or draw of the tickets. Tickets can only be used in connection with Royal Windsor Tours Competition and not another Competition.
- Royal Windsor Tours will make two tickets available for the Military History Walk only. No other event is included in the ticket.
- Tickets are not to be sold on to another party.
- Tickets are to be used between 1 July and 31 August 31 2018.
- There are no redemptive values connected to these tickets. Tickets cannot be resold or exchanged for money.
- The competition closes on 31 May 2018 and the winner will be advised in early June.
- This competition is governed by English Law.