Here at Silver Travel Advisor, one of the questions which we are most frequently asked is about holidays for single travellers.
Whether you are single by intention or by circumstance, whether it’s a status that you enjoy or one that you had never envisaged yourself embracing, there’s no doubt that embarking upon a holiday for one can be a big challenge.
Many of our members are solo travellers – in fact, some wouldn’t have it any other way! We have many articles on our site for single travellers to inspire and interest you, to give you confidence to try it alone and above all to have fun. You could start by reading our Top Tips for single travellers.
- Christine Reid travelled to Turkey on a singles holiday with Solos Holidays and had a ball. Read the first chapter of her Blog.
- Our Advisor Dinah Holland is a veteran solo traveller and has written many articles for us, including this one about the advantages and pitfalls of travelling alone
Here’s some further information about our partner companies and single holidays
- Solos Holidays have a wide range of holidays for single travellers, age grouped in some cases. Visit www.soloholidays.co.uk or call 020 8951 2899
- Grand UK Holidays are only for those over 55, and they have a range of ocean and river cruises along with coach tours and hotel stays. Visit www.grandukholidays.com or call 01603 886765 and quote Silver Travel Advisor
- Inghams have many hotels in Europe in the lakes and mountains where single supplements are not charged. Visit www.inghams.co.uk/lakes-mountains-holidays/holiday-types/singles-holidays or call 01483 791111
- Noble Caledonia offer expedition and destination cruises around the world. On some of these they arrange same gender cabin sharing. Visit www.noble-caledonia.co.uk/sections/solo_traveller.asp or call 0207 752 0000
- Hurtigruten voyage along the Norwegian coast, enjoying the fjords and northern lights. Visit https://www.hurtigruten.co.uk or call 020 8003 9582