Here at Silver Travel Advisor, we are frequently asked questions about limited mobility and accessible travel. We are firm believers in helping silver travellers to get out and about and to enjoy themselves. Whether this is a day trip or a holiday, the emphasis is on solutions and ways to help.
The following list is offered by way of suggestion and information that we hope will be useful to you. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge, but we cannot be held responsible for any errors. If you can’t find what you are looking for, simply email [email protected], and we will do our best to assist.
Dementia Adventure – these breaks are aimed at people living with dementia and a carer enjoying the break together.
Revitalise – dedicated holidays for dementia sufferers.
Freedom – the Dialysis Holiday Specialists offer a complete service to all our customers, organising both the holiday and the dialysis requirements.
National Kidney Federation – the largest kidney patient charity in the UK.
Airline Oxygen Council of America (AOCA) – is a coalition of individuals and organizations whose objective is to ease air travel for those who require supplemental oxygen.
Holidays for Carers
Carehome – holidays, short breaks, hotels, self-catering for care home residents and patients.
Rights for travellers with a disability – EU Legislation re Disabled Travellers.
Equality and Human Rights Commission – Useful website setting out the rights of various groups of people including the rights of those with disabilities.
Disability Horizons magazine is the UK’s fastest growing disability lifestyle publication – More information
Benenden Healthcare – besides offering health treatment Benenden offer many helpful tips for limited mobility travelers.
Articles which may be of interest to limited mobility travellers
You may also find interesting:
- Questions to ask as a limited mobility traveller.
- Suggestions for activities for limited mobility travellers while on holiday.
- Specialist companies for those with limited mobility or accessibility requirements.
- Air, Rail, Coach and Taxi services for limited mobility and accessibility requirements.
- Tips, ideas and useful websites for those travelling with a wheelchair, limited mobility or disability.
- Companies and Properties around the UK which offer accessible accommodation.