We are Americans. My best guess is that Silver Travel Advisor is a UK based website, and so Silver Travel Advisor’s UK users might be interested in what Americans who have traveled extensively in the UK find to be the top sights to see in the UK.
In no particular order, here is my list of the top 10 UK sights:
1. Gardens – UK is littered with a host of excellent gardens, all well worth seeing.
2. Strolling the streets of Chelsea.
3. The V&A Museum.
4. Rye, with a stay at the Mermaid Inn where Queen Elizabeth I once stayed.
5. York, including the streets of old York, the old city walls, and York Minster.
6. The Cotswolds
7. Downing a pint in any pub with a half timbered facade.
8. A performance by the D’Oyly Carte Opera Company, unfortunately murdered by the Philistine Margaret Thatcher.
9. The Tower of London and the Crown Jewels.
10. The Isle of Skye.