Formerly known as the Sol Aloha Puerto, this hotel has been undergoing a refurb in stages over the last couple of years. I like this hotel for the following reasons:
1. Location right on the beach, easy walking distance to the marina at Benalmadena, plus easy access to both La Carihuela and Torremolinos town centre.
2. No fixed dining times or table, so no need to make awkward conversation with strangers and the tables are not too close together either.
3. Great choice of healthy food (especially fruit and vegetables )
4. Nice modern décor in the bar and excellent mojitos
5. Very big rooms (ours was a junior suite) with powerful shower, separate living room, flat screen TV, free Wi-Fi
6. Lovely pool area (not that I sunbathe or swim, but it looks pretty)
The only downside is that the restaurant can be noisy and busy at times. We didn’t partake in the entertainment as it’s not really to our taste so cannot comment.
I’m sure we’ll go back next winter.