Please note: this prize draw is now closed.
This month we have three prizes that are perfect for Christmas, from our partner, Viking, who have long been associated with Highclere Castle, the real Downton Abbey.
The Castle opens its doors to visitors at Christmas 5th – 7th December providing a chance to admire the spectacular 24-foot-high Christmas tree in the Saloon and the beautiful Christmas decorations, as well as touring the state rooms and gallery bedrooms. On the lawns of the Castle, explore a festive shopping marquee with a selection of handpicked stall holders, selling unique gifts, decorations and festive food ideal for Christmas gifts. There will also be the opportunity to explore the gardens (weather permitting). And entry to the famous Egyptian Exhibition is included too – a fascinating display and record of the 5th Earl’s involvement with Howard Carter and the discovery of Pharaoh Tutankhamun’s extraordinary tomb.
Two winners will each receive, courtesy of Viking, a pair of tickets to Christmas at Highclere: Castle Tours and Shopping for Gifts and a signed copy of Lady Carnarvon’s book, Christmas at Highclere.
And one runner-up will receive, courtesy of Viking, a copy of Lady Carnarvon’s book, Christmas at Highclere.
The prize draw closes 17th November
so we can get the tickets to our winners.
How to win our fabulous prize
Step 1: make sure you're signed up to our newsletter
Step 2: any of the following actions will earn you 1 entry
- Is this your first visit to Silver Travel Advisor? Then simply Register as a member for automatic entry.
- No employee, agent, subcontractor or director of Viking or Silver Travel Advisor nor anyone else connected with the draw, nor any member of such person’s family, is eligible to enter.
- You do not need to purchase anything to enter the draw.
- Entries for the prize draw will be accepted until the closing date 17th November 2023.
- The name of the winner(s) will be displayed on this website. The winner(s) must agree to participate in any reasonable press or PR activity relating to the competition. The winner(s) must agree to his/her name and/or photo and/or likeness being used for publicity purposes, without compensation.
- The winner cannot transfer the prize to another person. The prize is non-refundable. There are no cash or credit alternatives to the specified prize.
- The winner must hold a valid passport and comprehensive travel insurance if travelling overseas. It is the winner’s responsibility to check any visa and health requirements for their journey.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries, notices, acceptances, tickets, goods or other documentation lost or delayed in the post.
- Winners and their companions will be solely responsible for any tax liability incurred as a result of this offer. The organisers’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered.
- This promotion will be governed by English Law.