The first series of Maritime Masters has been airing on Discovery+, with more episodes to follow for the next two Sundays
Audiences have been left in awe after witnessing world-leading ultra-luxury cruising in Maritime Masters, streaming on Discovery+, with two episodes still to come. This captivating television has taken audiences on an exclusive behind-the-scenes journey, providing a first-hand glimpse of a six-star voyage aboard the magnificent yacht Scenic Eclipse, operated by Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours.
Stand out moments from the episodes shown so far include footage of the first ever commercial submarine night dive by any expedition ship in Huatulco, Mexico; the heroics of the yacht’s Captain against a Category 4 Hurricane; and the logistics and care taken to source local ingredients, including fresh octopus collected from a fish market in Punta Arenas, Chile. The series follows Scenic Eclipse on a cruise from San Diego, USA, down the west coast of the Americas to Antarctica, where Scenic Eclipse’s Polar Class 6 rating and state-of-the-art technology will ensure guests enjoy life-changing experiences amongst the icebergs and penguins.
With two episodes to come over the following Sundays, audiences have already been enjoying the access-all-areas series. Key characters introduced have included the Masters, who have all commented on their excitement to bring the Scenic Eclipse experience to the screen:
- Captain Erwan Le Rouzic. The captain at the helm of Scenic Eclipse, Erwan is responsible for the yacht’s safe journey, and the minute-by-minute decisions to optimise the itinerary and guests’ experiences.
“I was excited to be able to show the passion and commitment we go to on The World’s First Discovery Yacht. It’s still very mysterious for many people, how we operate an expedition yacht and the complexity of what’s happening on board at all times during the voyage.”
- Expedition Operations Director, Jason Flesher. From kayaking in Antarctica to hiking up volcanoes in Guatemala, Jason spends every day ensuring his Discovery Team delivers the experience of a lifetime for every guest.
“For me, being part of a project like this was very humbling, but very exciting. No other expedition ship provides the diversity and depth of immersive experiences. We are the pioneers with helicopters and submersibles, exploring with our inquisitive guests seeking adventure.”
- VP Oceans Hotel Operations, Chef Tom Goetter. Tom oversees up to ten dining locations on board Scenic Eclipse, sourcing local ingredients, managing chefs and fine dining menus. Chef Tom has championed culinary innovations not found on any other ship at sea, like the state-of-the-art on board micro-herb garden.
“It’s great to show the culinary aspect of Scenic Eclipse. It is not only an incredible Discovery Yacht on a global expedition, as we also take guests on a culinary journey to explore a diversity of cuisines too. I’m really happy to have the opportunity to introduce my chefs to the world and showcase luxury cruising in a different light.”
The Masters and countless others from the on board team personally and in real-time share the challenges faced as life-changing ultra-luxury experiences are delivered for guests.
The remaining two episodes of Maritime Masters will be available to stream on Discovery+ on Sunday 25 June and Sunday 2 July at 6pm as Scenic Eclipse moves on to the final part of her epic voyage in Antarctica. Upcoming episodes include:
- Episode Four: Captain Erwan must provide a ‘wind block’, while the Drake Passage delivers a rare weather event and penguins prove to be a highlight for guests. Later, guests set foot on land for the first time in Antarctica before severe weather changes plans for Penguin Island and numerous expeditions.
- Episode Five: An unforgettable penguin expedition on Danco Island, and Brendon uses 10,000-year old glacier ice
Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours are kindly offering 25 FREE 3 month Discovery+ subscriptions to the first 25 silver travellers who email: email@example.com