All inclusive holidays for over 50s
An all-inclusive holiday is an ideal way to relax and enjoy a stress-free break away. And for travellers over 50, all-inclusive holidays often offer an even greater opportunity to get away from it all. But which countries are best for all-inclusive holidays? Here we look at some of the best countries for all-inclusive holidays for over 50s.
What is an all-inclusive holiday?
An all-inclusive holiday typically includes accommodation, meals, drinks, and some activities, all in the total price. So once you’ve paid for the holiday, you don’t have to worry about any additional costs. Some packages may also include day trips, spa treatments, or other extras, depending on the type of resort.
When it comes to all-inclusive holidays for over 50s, there are several destinations around the world that can offer you a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Some of the best countries for all-inclusive holidays include:
- Spain: A popular destination for all-inclusive holidays, particularly for over 50s. It’s close enough to the UK for a long weekend and you’re practically guaranteed good weather, given the sun shines on average 320 days of the year. Make a beeline for Valencia for the best of both beaches and the bustling city, Costa De La Luz for unspoilt sands or the ancient city of Cadìz in the South for its rugged coastline and Moorish architecture.
- Greece: Experience postcard-perfect scenes of aquamarine seas and white-wash walls on an all-inclusive holiday to Greece. It’s a great destination, particularly for those who love history and culture, home to some of the world’s most iconic archaeological sites, as well as beautiful beaches, delicious cuisine and mesmerising culture. Head to Santorini for its signature blue-domed buildings and panoramic views, Rhodes for ancient ruins and a slower pace of life or Corfu for its rugged mountains and seaside tavernas.
- The Caribbean: A dream-like destination, the Caribbean is a fantastic choice for over 50s all-inclusive holidays. With literally thousands of islands to choose from, you’re not short of options either. Consider Jamaica, where you’ll find many resorts located on the island’s beautiful beaches. There’s also the Dominican Republic, home to many all-inclusive resorts, particularly in the popular tourist areas of Punta Cana and Puerto Plata. Or how about St. Lucia? Located in the eastern Caribbean, this island is known for its stunning natural beauty and luxurious resorts.
- Maldives: Many of the resorts in the Maldives offer all-inclusive packages that include accommodation, meals, drinks, and activities, making it easy for visitors to soak up the best of the islands’ stunning scenery. Choose to stay in a villa on stilts and wake up to the waves lapping beneath you or book an all-inclusive resort with access to private pools and award-winning spas.
- Mauritius: This is the one to choose for a slice of paradise. Located in the Indian Ocean, it’s a perfect destination for an all-inclusive holiday for over 50s, with white-sand beaches, lush tropical forests and a serene island atmosphere. There are many all-inclusive resorts dotted around the island, from luxury hotels to more affordable beach getaways so you can choose a package to suit your preferences.
Benefits of an all-inclusive holiday for over 50s
All-inclusive holidays can be a great option for travellers over 50. They offer a broad range of benefits that make them an attractive choice for this demographic.
- Convenience: all-inclusive packages take the stress away from planning and budgeting for your time in the resort – you know everything is taken care of.
- Value for money: all-inclusive holidays can offer excellent value for money. Many packages also include transport to and from the airport and other added benefits.
- Relaxation: consider this a one-way ticket to relaxation, where you won’t have to lift a finger.
- Safety: all-inclusive resorts are often located in secure, gated areas, offering a high level of safety and security for travellers over 50.
- Sociable: Many all-inclusive resorts offer organised activities and events that encourage guests to mingle
Tips for planning your over 50s all-inclusive holiday
- Look for all-inclusive packages that cater to your preferences, for example, some will include buffet meals, while others are fully a la carte.
- Consider the location of the resort. Make sure it’s in a safe area with easy access to restaurants, sights and other amenities you want to enjoy while on holiday.
- Research the resort before booking. Look for resorts offering facilities and activities that match your interests.
- Check the reviews of the resort online. Look for reviews from other travellers over 50 to get a better idea of what to expect.
- Make sure you have travel insurance that covers you for any medical emergencies or accidents that may occur during your holiday.
There are many countries around the world that offer excellent all-inclusive holidays for travellers over 50. Depending on your interests and budget, you can choose to venture further afield or book a long weekend away. Plus you can guarantee that once you arrive at your all-inclusive resort, you’ll be able to fully embrace holiday mode. If you have any further questions about where to book your all-inclusive holiday, we’re here to help. For a quote or booking enquiries, simply call us on: 0800 412 5678.