What are you looking for from your next holiday? If you want beautiful aesthetics, cultural hot spots and a jam-packed itinerary, a guided walking holiday provides holidaymakers with the opportunity to get up close and personal with the hidden gems the world’s most stunning countries have to offer.
Here are the 10 reasons why so many other people are choosing to step away from the holiday norm and instead head off on a walking holiday abroad:
1. Breathtaking scenery – magnificent mountains, crystal clear rivers and lush valleys are just a few of the highlights to be enjoyed on walking holidays, giving you the opportunity to experience the raw power of nature and gain memories guaranteed to last a lifetime.
2. Knowledgeable guides – by using a reliable and highly regarded agent to book your walking holiday, you will benefit from knowledgeable tour guides passionate about their countries and eager to show off the most beautiful natural treasures that there are to see.
3. Strenuous but rewarding exercise – on a walking holiday, that last push up a steep incline will be that much easier when you know there is a breathtaking view waiting at the top for you. The average guided walking holiday can cover anything between 20 and 50 miles on foot, which is great for both your body and your mind.
4. The best hotels – reputable booking agents typically offer some of the best hotels a region has to offer, meaning that you can rest up comfortably after a hard days exploring.
5. Sample the local cuisine – guided holidays give you the opportunity to get a full flavour of a country, as the organisers can source and recommend the best local food, wine and coffee.
6. Incredible Wildlife – whether its whale watching and swimming with dolphins in the Azores Triangle or studying tree frogs in Costa Rica, guided walking holidays have everything covered for all the wildlife lovers out there.
7. Carefully planned itinerary – if you prefer to enjoy your holiday experience without having to worry about planning, walking holidays are ideal. Most agents will see that you are met at the airport and are dropped off for your departure, so the worries of taxis and transfers are non-existent.
8. Everlasting memories – you only get one shot at being here, so why not get out and see as much of the world as you can? Guided walking holidays give you the chance to see the unspoilt views that many others are less likely to discover, helping to make your experience all the more special.
9. Knowing your history – the tour guides will not only show you the views and terrains but will also go through the thrilling history to help you develop your knowledge of the area and provide you with a whole host of stories to take back home. Holidays like this really give you a chance to delve deeper into some of the world’s lesser known historical secrets.
10. Seeing some sun – this does vary depending on where you choose to go, but the majority of walking holidays are based in countries well known for their hot climate. With so many travelling options now available, attempting to choose the right one can sometimes become a bit of a headache. For those looking to enjoy a thrillingly memorable experience with plenty of beauty, charm and culture, then a guided walking holiday is a highly recommended choice that may just be the perfect break for you.
For Guided Walking Holidays, Silver Travel Advisor recommends Headwater