Getting out and about is necessary no matter how old we are, but it can get difficult over time. If you are unable to drive or want a more convenient way to travel, the train could be the easiest option. Most operators such as c2c now allow you to book help ahead of time to ensure someone is at the station ready to greet and advise you on your journey.
To really get the most out of your trip, it’s advantageous to be aware of the travel deals available. We’ve got a great example below from c2c on how to make the most out of your day.
What’s the c2c ‘Senior Rover’ deal?
If you don’t travel often, or just fancy a spur of the moment day out, then a day ticket would be the perfect ticket choice. The Senior Rover ticket from c2c is £5 and enables you to hop on and off the c2c route so you can explore different places along your journey. If you want to head into the bright lights of London city, you can also buy a Senior Rover ticket for just £9!
Visit top London attractions
By purchasing a train ticket you are able to download and use a voucher for 2for1 entry into top London attractions. These offers include a variety of different enjoyable attractions and activities. Check out our favourites below:
- The Wallace Restaurant – A great place for 2for1 afternoon cocktails. The delicately decorated interior creates a casual and relaxing atmosphere, perfect to relax in with friends. If you fancy a bite, their menu offers a range of delicious dishes or be tempted by an English classic Afternoon Tea with handmade scones.
- Stomp – For 25 years this unique theatrical experience has been shaking its way across the globe. Watch the performers bring music to life through brooms, shopping carts, bin lids and more!
- Kensington Palace – This lavish palace was the birth place of Queen Victoria. The gardens are just as spectacular as the building itself and definitely worth a visit.
- London Aquarium – Filled with mysterious creatures from the deep depths of the sea, the London Aquarium is one of the most exciting places to explore. The best bit? The penguins will be returning in May this year!
- Ascot Racecourse – If you’re one for land animals instead of sea life then a visit to the famous Ascot Racecourse could be a great option. As one of Britain’s leading racecourse, Ascot is sure to delight and deliver an amazing day.
All you need to do is download your voucher and show it along with your Senior Rover ticket at your chosen attraction. Read c2c’s senior explorer article to find more 2for1 deals available.
How can I book a Senior Rover ticket?
To book your senior rover ticket all you need is to take your ID (your passport or driver’s license is fine) and to head down to a ticket office. Simple!