Over 60 and with a tale to tell? Bradt is after true stories by silver travellers to include in a new book!
To Oldly Go: Tales of Adventurous Travel by the Over-60s
Calling on bold silver travellers! Have you travelled independently, adventurously and even a little irresponsibly in later life? Have you had the time of your life despite the disapproval of your family? Have you chosen to defy expectations – and the odds – by going outside your comfort zone and taking a less-travelled path? Or do you have a colourful story of travel undertaken by a family member or close friend who is over 60?
We have teamed up with Bradt Travel Guides to find entertaining true tales of adventurous and unusual travel by the over-60s for inclusion in a new book – provisionally titled To Oldly Go and due for publication in autumn 2015. If you have a story that’s inspiring, amusing, thrilling or even downright frightening (albeit with a happy ending) – a story that champions the older traveller – this is your chance to see it immortalised in print.
Entry conditions & how to enter
- Send your travel tale (as an attached word document) to [email protected] with ‘To Oldly Go competition’ in the Subject field.
- Entries must be double spaced and between 600 and 2,500 words in length.
- Please include your name, email address and a daytime telephone number at the top of your Word document.
- All entries must be submitted by midnight 14 June 2015.
- Winning entrants will be notified by 14 July 2015. In addition to their entry being published in the book (together with a short accompanying biography and photo), each entrant will receive three copies of the book.