Send us your favourite photo, taken in the UK this year, to enter our competition – the winning entry will be published in the first 2021 edition of our magazine, The Silver Traveller.
Whether you’ve been glamping in Gloucestershire, hiking in The Highlands or cycling in Carmarthenshire – we’re sure you’ve had some memorable moments captured on camera! This year has certainly been a favourite for staycations and trips around the UK as well as discovering places closer to home on walks during lockdown.
How to enter
Our two categories for the photos are People and Places. You’ll need to send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment, size around 2MB please, any smaller will not be of print quality. Put Photo Comp in the subject line, plus the category and in the email, tell us your caption for the photo and your name and phone number (this will only be used to contact the winner and will not be shared or used for any other purpose). If you wish to enter more than one photo, please send each as a separate email entry.
It’s free to enter and the closing date is 30 November 2020.
We are so looking forward to receiving your entries!
Terms and conditions
- All and any photographs submitted must be taken by you, the person entering the competition. There is no restriction on the number of entries you submit, but we suggest no more than 5.
- This competition is open to amateur photographers only. It is not open to anyone earning an income from taking and selling photographs.
- The entries will be judged by a panel of four independent professional photographers and travel writers, with our MD, Debbie Marshall, being the fifth member of the panel, and its chair.
- You do not need to purchase anything to enter the competition.
- Entries for the competition will be accepted until the closing date 30 November 2020.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries, notices, acceptances, tickets, goods or other documentation lost or delayed.
- The winners will be solely responsible for any tax liability incurred as a result of this offer. The winners agree to having their photograph published in The Silver Traveller magazine, first edition 2021.
- The name of the winner will be displayed on this website. The winner must agree to participate in any reasonable press or PR activity relating to the competition. The winner must agree to his/her name and/or photo and/or likeness being used for publicity purposes, without compensation.
- The organisers’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This promotion will be governed by English Law.